Portage County institutions, community organizations and employers will promote the responsible use of alcohol for sponsored gatherings and events.
- All community events held in Portage County will adopt one or more strategies to promote the responsible use of alcohol.
- All church fund raising events held in Portage County will adopt one or more strategies to promote the responsible use of alcohol.
- Five Portage County employers will adopt one or more strategies to promote responsible drinking at employer sponsored events.
- Portage County community events’ chairs and boards as well as church leaders will be able to state the benefits to the community in reducing or eliminating alcohol at events.
- Portage County community events’ chairs and boards as well as church leaders will be able to state alternative fund raising activities.
- Three churches in Portage County will reduce or eliminate the use of alcohol associated with fund raising.
- Obtain baseline information on policies and practices regarding the use of alcohol at community, church and employer sponsored events.
- Develop a menu of strategies for community events, churches and employers that promote responsible use of alcohol (e.g., use of licensed servers, eliminating bar access to youth, limit access, smaller cups, limit tickets, limit time alcohol is available).
- Research how churches in other communities raise money to support their mission.
- Outreach and provide training to targeted community groups, including but not limited to event chairs and boards, church councils and boards as well as employers.
- Develop methods for public recognition of community groups, churches and employers efforts to promote responsible use of alcohol.
Who to Reach
Community events chairs and boards, parish councils and members, employers, alcohol wholesale outlets.